RENDON EUROPE LABORATORIES S.L.
Omega 3 Oil – LcPufa – Vegetable DHA
- Highest concentration of DHA in smaller volume
BIDHA® is classified as Food for Special Medical Purposes. It is composed by 100% Vegetable DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), coming from the Microalga Schizochytrium sp. DHA is the basic ingredient of BIDHA®. It is a fatty acid, omega 3 series, which is essential for having a healthy structure and for the briain functionality. It is necessary to be aware of the need to take supplements that incorporate this fatty acid when suffering from diseases that require specific diets or that produce alterations of the metabolism that, in turn, cause a deficit, as in the case of Cystic Fibrosis or Zellweger syndrome among others. In addition, it is also essential during the first months and years of life to favor ocular and cerebral development.
BIDHA® corrects the primary lipid defect present in Cystic Fibrosis in children and adults, acting as an effective anti-inflamatory in the pathology.
“DOESN´T NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED”
ONE TAKE PER DAY
BIDHA® can be taken by patients allergic to fish
- BIDHA® facilitates treatment adherence
- BIDHA® allows higher therapeutic compliance
- BIDHA® is the trusted brand of DHA in Cystic Fibrosis
Studies conducted to investigate the effect of DHA supplementation in patients with CF (Lloyd-Still, 2006; Jumpsen, 2006) have shown that:
- A supplementation with DHA at a concentration between 50 and 70 mg/kg/day, increases the levels of DHA in plasma, erythrocytes and mucosa samples, promoting a decrease in blood levels of arachidonic acid and AA/DHA ratio.
- This supplementation is well tolerated and does not cause changes in the liver enzymes or in the patient’s growth.
Definitely, supplementation with DHA can be useful for:
- Normalize plasma AA and DHA profiles
- Improve the morphological alterations of the pancreas and ileum. Also from the LIVER (new experimental works presented at the American Congress of CF in Baltimore)
- Decrease inflammation and deterioration of lung function
- Modify the conduction of chlorine in cell membranes
- Improve nutritional status and growth rate
Supplementation can be started at any age, the sooner the better because:
- The alteration is primary
- The product has no side effects
Indications: Cystic Fibrosis, Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (I.P.E) and other clinical situations that occur with severe malnutrition and that require an extra contribution of DHA such as Inborn Errors of Metabolism, Zellweger Syndrome in children and adults.
The omega 3 oil, main component of BiDHA®, is an essential fatty acid for our body, as the body does not have the capacity to produce it by itself and, therefore, we must incorporate them into our diet if we want to achieve adequate and healthy levels. Some foods, such as fish or milk, include it among its components. However, there are also supplements that help us increase the levels of our body.